Enjoy our tried and tested Boiled Christmas Fruit Cake recipe that will delight the whole family!
1 packet mixed fruit
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 cup self-raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 cup water
1 teaspoon minced/grated ginger
1 cup plain flour
TIP: After adding the flour to the mixture, stir in 1 tablespoon of boiling water.
1) Boil water, sugar, margarine, bicarb soda, spices and mixed fruit in a saucepan for 12 minutes.
2) Allow the boiled mixture to cool.
3) Once cooled, add 2 eggs and flour. Stir in well to combine mixture.
4) Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius conventional oven, 160 degrees Celsius fan forced) for about 1 hour.
5) Serve sliced and buttered or served warm with cold vanilla custard.