A simple melt and pour recipe for soap-making beginners, the Chamomile and Lavender Cleansing Bar is the ultimate DIY Mother’s Day gifting idea to spoil Mum this Mother’s Day.
Makes: 9 soap bars
Time required: 30 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 700g Shea Butter Melt & Pour Soap Base
- 2 teaspoons Shea Butter Oil
- 2 teaspoons Chamomile Extract
- 1 teaspoon Sodium Lactate Plus
- 40 drops Chamomile essential oil (3% in jojoba)
- 50 drops Lavender French essential oil
- Purple colouring (optional)
- 1L microwave safe jug
- 1L glass measuring jug
- Stirring stick or wooden spoon
- Thermometer (optional)
- Pipette or dropper for fragrance
- Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle (optional)
- Silicone mould
- Measure the Shea oil & Chamomile extract out into a glass or ceramic measuring cup.
- Dice the Shea Butter soap base. Melt in a microwave safe jug in the microwave in short 30 to 40 second bursts. Check the solution will melting, stir and repeat until the base has melted.
- Pour the essential oils, Shea oil and Chamomile extract into the melted soap base solution, stir gently ensuring additives are combined.
- Carefully pour the soap into the silicone mould and allow to set.
- Unmould after a couple of hours and then wrap as usual.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 to make a second batch of 3 soap bars.
Credit: Aussie Soap Supplies