“One of the all-time favourite recipes from my childhood is my Mum’s Chewy ANZAC biscuits.
Crunchy, chewy and absolutely magic with a hot cuppa, these ANZAC biscuits never lasted long in our household!
Commemorate ANZAC Day with your own delicious batch of Chewy ANZAC Biscuits.”
- Shelby, Marketing Manager – St Marys Village.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 tbs golden syrup (measure generously)
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbs boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, coconut and sugar in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a microwave safe jug.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the boiling water and add the solution to the melted butter and golden syrup mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix in well.
- Place tablespoons of the ANZAC biscuit mixture on buttered trays lined with baking paper and lightly flatten with the back of the tablespoon, leaving space for spreading.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Cool biscuits on cooling racks for a few minutes (biscuits will crisp on cooling), before serving with a hot, strong cup of tea.