Mess it up with this awesome kids sensory activity
Primary Colour Squishy Bags
Paint and mix colours without a canvas with this easy, kid-friendly activity. The kids will love learning about how primary colours mix together to form secondary colours with Primary Colour Squishy Bags.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 x large zip-lock bags
- Red, yellow and blue poster paint
- A marker
- Sticky tape
HOW TO PLAY:
- Place the two coloured paints: red & blue, yellow & red and yellow and blue in the opposite corners of each of the 3 x large zip lock bags.
- Seal the bags with sticky tape and tape the squishy bags to a flat surface.
- Encourage your child to gently press and push the paints to the centre of the bag to blend. Using your fingers gently rub the paint to mix and blend.
- Watch as the colours blend together. Make predictions and talk about what is happening throughout the process. Use descriptive language.
- Label and name each colour throughout and talk about the new colours that they see.
- Enhance the learning experience by asking your child questions about the colours such as: which two colours made green? Name other objects that are green? Can you go and find me something that is green? What do you see?