A seafood lovers dream, seafood marinara on a bed of freshly cooked al dente spaghetti is a delicious meal idea this winter.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to toss.
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 generous cup of dry white wine (chardonnay, sauvignon blanc or pinot gris)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste to thicken sauce
- 2 x 410g cans of crushed tomatoes
- 500g spaghetti
- 500g marinara mix including black mussels
- 500g green king prawns (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to season.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add a finely chopped onion and cook for 3 -4 minutes or until softened/lightly browned.
- Add 3 cloves of crushed garlic and wine, simmer for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes, and simmer for 15 -20 minutes further, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Season well.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and toss the cooked spaghetti in a little olive oil.
- Add in the marinara mix and peeled green king prawns to the tomato sauce, cover with lid and cook for a further 3- 4 minutes over a medium-high heat until the seafood is cooked.
- Stir through chopped parsley (optional), then toss the sauce through the pasta to serve.