1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
1 cup (90g) rolled oats
110g unsalted butter
1 tbs golden syrup
1 tsp bicarb soda
6 scoops (300g) vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place the plain flour, caster sugar, rolled oats, and 1/4 tsp salt flakes to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and the golden syrup together, whisking until well combined. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the bicarb soda with 2½ tbs boiling water then stir to combine. Add the bicarb soda mixture to the melted butter and golden syrup mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the melted butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Divide dough into 12 and roll into balls. Place on prepared trays and press to flatten slightly, leaving plenty of room for spreading while baking. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before baking.
- Bake the biscuits for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Allow the biscuits to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once cooled, place 1 scoop of ice cream in between 2 biscuits and press to flatten slightly. Sprinkle the Milo generously over and around the sandwich so it sticks to the ice cream. Return to the freezer for 1 hour to firm up before serving.